WHY IS TESTING IMPORTANT?
Community Health & Wellness Partners (CHWP) seeks to serve the community by offering testing services and follows the Center for Disease Control & Prevention, the Ohio Department of Health and the Logan County Health District’s recommendations to help identify local disease burden and to limit community spread of COVID-19.
WHO CAN BE TESTED?
COVID-19 Testing is recommended for those who have COVID-19 like symptoms, or who believe they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. COVID-19 like symptoms include but are not limited to fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body ache, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
The testing will be the most accurate for persons experiencing symptoms for at least 3 days.
Current CHWP Patients
- Patients with or without symptoms can utilize our testing clinic.
- Patients who have COVID-19 like symptoms should contact our triage nurse so that you can be seen by a provider during our Sick Bay Clinic Monday-Friday afternoons at our Bellefontaine location. Call 937-599-1411 to speak to a nurse.
- If you are not a current patient you can be tested if you do or do not have COVID-19 symptoms. Results will be shared with your primary care provider.
- CHWP will not provide treatment at the time of the test if you are positive.
- CHWP will not provide additional testing (Strep/Influenza) if you are negative.
- If you DO NOT have a primary care provider and would like to receive future care at CHWP, please talk to one of our staff members and they will help schedule an appointment for you.
WHAT KIND OF TEST WILL BE PERFORMED?
The type of test used is commonly referred to as a rapid antigen test. If you need to complete testing for a specific purpose (i.e. travel, employer, etc.), please ensure that this type of test is acceptable with the requester.
The cost of the test alone is $50 for a standalone test. CHWP patients who are seen in our Sick Bay Clinic may also have the opportunity to be given a COVID/Influenza A/B combo test that is $80.
- Most insurance companies should cover the full cost of the test without any patient cost sharing.
- If you DO NOT have insurance, there is no upfront cost. Your claim will be submitted for reimbursement to an uninsured COVID-19 testing program.
WHERE AND WHEN CAN I BE TESTED?
Appointments for COVID-19 rapid testing will take place from 8 a.m. – noon, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays as supplies last, at the Sick Bay Clinic located at Bellefontaine Community Health & Wellness Partners office. Please use the on street parking along Columbus Avenue and follow the signs for the exact location (last door on the west end of building). There is a map at the bottom of this page for the office location.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET TESTED?
- You MUST pre-register at least 24 hours prior to the business day you wish to be tested. Please provide TWO phone numbers where we can contact you.
- A staff member will call you to confirm your appointment and gather any additional information. The call will take place within in 24 hours of appointment (business day).
- If you do not receive a phone call, please call 937-599-1411 to ask about your appointment.
HOW IS THE TEST PERFORMED?
You will enter the Sick Bay Clinic (unless otherwise alerted by CHWP personnel to remain in your car). A nurse wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will assist you in using the nasal swab to collect your sample.
HOW & WHEN WILL I GET MY RESULTS?
The sample will be processed on site and you will be notified of your results within 20 – 30 minutes of testing. After the test result, you will receive instructions on what to do next. All results will be sent to your Primary Care Provider and the Health Department where you live.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME FOR TESTING?
- Photo ID
- Your insurance cards.
WHAT IF I DO NOT HAVE A PRIMARY CARE PROVIDER?
Community Health & Wellness Partners would be happy to help your establish care with one of our providers currently accepting new patients. We offer services at all of our locations: Bellefontaine, West Liberty and Russells Point.
ARE YOU EXPERIENCING INCREASED STRESS/ANXIETY/DEPRESSION? ARE YOU STRUGGLING TO MEET YOUR BASIC NEEDS (FOOD, HOUSING, FINANCES, ETC.)?
Call 937-599-1411 Option (5) to speak to one of our Case Managers. We will assist you as we are able.
PLEASE WEAR A MASK.
As COVID-19 case trends increase in the country, Ohio, and Logan County, please remember to wear a mask when you come to our offices or clinics. THANK YOU!
PRECAUTIONS AT COMMUNITY HEALTH & WELLNESS PARTNERS:
To ensure your safety CHWP staff follows current Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), the Ohio Department of Health and the Logan County Health District’s guidelines and protocols.
- Practicing frequent hand hygiene.
- Wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Cleaning and disinfecting
- Maintaining social distancing guidelines.
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A LIFE-THREATENING EMERGENCY PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE CLINIC OR OFFICE. CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY.
THANK YOU! WE LOOK FORWARD TO SERVING YOU.